How to perform a DJI Avata firmware update
In this step-by-step guide, we will explain how you can update the firmware of the DJI Avata drone. This will ensure that you are always using the latest version of the FPV drone.
DJI Avata Firmware Update
To perform the firmware of the DJI Avata (Introducing) including Goggles and remote control, you again have two methods to choose from. On the one hand, directly via the DJI Fly app (download) or alternatively via the DJI Assistant 2 software (for consumer drones) via a PC or MAC.
In the following paragraphs we will describe both ways step-by-step.
Update via the DJI Fly App
- Start both the DJI Avata drone, the goggles and the remote control.
- Make sure all devices are connected to each other.
- Then connect your smartphone with the DJI Fly app installed to the appropriate port on the goggle.
- Launch the DJI Fly app on your smartphone.
- After successful connection, the DJI Fly app will automatically check the firmware version. If a new firmware update is available, a prompt will appear in the Fly App.
- Access the firmware update page and tap “Update”.
- .Do not exit the DJI Fly APP or turn off the devices during the update process.
- After the firmware update is complete, the DJI Avata will automatically reboot.
Update via DJI Assistant 2
The way via the DJI Assistant is primarily suitable if problems occur during the update via the DJI Fly app. Further solutions can be found further down in the article.
Note that when updating using DJI Assistant 2, each device must be connected to the PC/Mac separately and updated. Also make sure to download the correct software. DJI Assistant 2 is available with different add-ons for different drone models. For the DJI Avata you need the version with the addition “for hobby drones” (Consumer Drones Series).
- Turn on the desired device (drone, goggles, remote control) and connect it to a computer with a USB-C cable.
- Launch DJI Assistant 2 and log in with a DJI account.
- Select the device and click Firmware Update on the left side.
- Select the firmware version you need.
- DJI Assistant 2 will automatically download and update the firmware.
- The device will automatically reboot after the firmware update is complete.
- Gewicht 410g
- 4k 60 FPS Videos
- 18 Minuten Flugzeit
- Fluggeschwindigkeit bis zu 97,2 km/h
- Wendige kleine FPV Drohne, neue Goggles 2 und vieles mehr!
Troubleshooting DJI Avata Firmware Updates
If you experience any problems while performing the firmware update, follow these steps to fix them:
- Make sure you follow all the steps to update the firmware. Otherwise, the update may fail.
- Updating the firmware takes approximately 11 minutes. While updating the firmware, it is normal for the gimbal to go limp and for the aircraft to reboot. Wait until the update is complete.
- Make sure the computer is connected to the internet.
- Make sure the device has enough power before updating the firmware. Before updating, make sure the Intelligent Flight Battery is at least 43% charged and the goggle battery and remote control are at least 30% charged.
- Do not disconnect the USB-C cable during an update.
- If there is an additional battery that needs to be updated after the update, insert it into the drone and turn on the drone. A prompt will appear in the goggles to update the battery. Make sure you update the battery before launching.
- Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as RTH altitude and maximum flight distance. Make a note of your preferred settings before the update and reset them after the update.
FAQ – How to update DJI Avata Firmware
Firmware updates of the DJI Avata including goggles and remote control can be done either directly via the DJI Fly app or the DJI Assistant 2 software. Instructions for both options are provided in our article.
Yes, firmware updates usually fix known issues and add improvements or even new features. All info can be found in the article.
*The links contained in this article are so-called affiliate links. With these links DeinDrohnenpilot.de gets a commission for mediated purchases. The price does not increase for the customer.
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-10-07 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API
Kategorien: Drone Know How